VIP 2 is a 2017 Indian action-comedy film directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth. The film was shot simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu, with the latter titled VIP 2. It is a sequel to the 2014 film Velaiilla Pattadhari, it has Dhanush, Amala Paul, Vivek, Hrishikesh, Saranya Ponvannan and Samuthirakani reprising their roles, while Kajol plays an antagonistic role in her second-ever Tamil film after Minsara Kanavu. The film opened to positive reviews, became a box office hit, a highest grossing movie in 2018 Dhanush.
- The film opens two years after the events of the first film, with Anitha Constructions Civil Engineer, Raghuvaran winning the Civil Engineer of the Year 2016 Award and is an executive member of his company now, along with a parking spot.
- His wife, Dr. Shalini becomes an authoritative, nagging wife, who controls him.
- She has resigned her job to take care of the household, after marriage.
- Raghuvaran is also dismissive about his wife getting another job.
- Raghuvaran efficiently completes construction projects assigned to him, with the help of about 200 unemployed young Civil, Mechanical and Electrical engineers, who are his friends.
- Vasundhara, a chairman of a big construction company in South India, Vasundhara Constructions, witness the announcement of Raghuvaran’s victory at the Engineer of the Year 2016 Awards and finds out about him.
- She makes Raghuvaran a job offer, but he humbly refuses, having been interested in creating his own construction company, VIP Constructions.
- Later, Raghuvaran’s project team and Vasundhara’s top team are invited at the same time to exhibit their models for a proposed private medical college and hospital building to a very rich and native trader.
- Vasundhara exhibits her project with heavy pride and ego, while Raghuvaran explains his project in a simple manner.
- The trader gives the project to Anitha constructions. Raghuvaran provides some polite advice to Vasundhara outside the building.
- This offends her and she begins to go after him, placing one obstacle after another.
- First, she uses her influence in the state cabinet, to force the trader to give the project back to her.
- She, then makes counter-bids to all Anitha construction projects at a lower price, causing the company to lose their own projects.
- Raghuvaran learns of this and quits his own job, just to save his first company.