Taapsee Pannu Age, Height, Weight, Family Photos, Husband, Biography: Taapsee Pannu is an Indian actress and model known for her work in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi films. Taapsee worked as a software professional and pursued a career in modeling before becoming an actress. During her modeling career, she appeared in a number of commercials.
|Real Name||Taapsee Pannu|
|Nickname(s)||Maggie, Glam-doll, Goddess of Flop Heroes|
|Height||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 August 1987|
|Age (as in 2018)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi|
|College/University||Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute Of Technology, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Computer Science|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Jhummandi Naadam (2010)|
Film (Tamil): Aadukalam (2011)
Film (Malayalam): Doubles (2011)
Film (Hindi): Chashme Baddoor
|Hobbies||Reading, Riding Bikes, Playing Squash, Dancing|
|Boyfriends||Mahat Raghavendra (Tamil film actor)|
Mathias Boe (Badminton player from Denmark)
|Favorite Food(s)||Danish pastries, Chinese Cuisines, Parathas, Chole Puri, Kachori, Papri Chaat|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas|
|Favorite Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Priyamani|
|Favorite Film(s)||Bollywood: Rockstar|
Hollywood: The Twilight Series
|Favorite Song||Dhichkyaaon from the film Chashme Baddoor|
|Favorite Destination(s)||Europe, Maldives|
|Net Worth||₹6 Crore ($1 million)|
Awards and nominations
2012: Santosham Film Awards for Best Actress (Jury) for Mr. Perfect
2013: South Africa India Film And Television Awards for Debut Actor of the Year – Female for Chashme Baddoor
2014: Edison Awards for Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award for Arrambam
2017: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Rising Star Of The Year, FiIms of India Online Awards for Special Jury Awards for Pink
2018: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Break Through Performer Of The Year Award, Zee Cine Awards for Extraordinary Impact Award – Female, Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards under category HT Most Stylish Breakthrough Performer, GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards for Best Actress Critics(Female) for Naam Shabana
In 2012, there was a buzz that she was the reason behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra and Tollywood actor Manchu Manoj at a party after the Filmfare awards in Chennai.
|Parents||Father– Dilmohan Singh Pannu|
Mother– Nirmaljeet Pannu
Sister– Shagun Pannu (Younger)
Taapsee Pannu Family Photos
You May Also Like
Some Exiting Stuff you need to know
- While studying computer engineering in her 2nd year of college, she decided to opt MBA. She also gave CAT exam and scored 88 percentile in it, but she didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- Since her college days, she has been doing modeling for various ads to manage her daily extra expenses. She is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- She was very much active in her school days too; as she used to work as a public speaker and also used to participate in almost all festival competitions. She has a huge crush on actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- Taapsee learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj‘s disciples. She had a very studious personality in her school and she was hardly interested in becoming an actress at that time.
- She made her first step into the glam world as a participant on Channel V Get Gorgeous pageant. She later shared that she filled the form very casually and attached some of her candid pictures, and she was surprised on getting selected.
- She participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and got the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face titles and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin titles.
- Her Tamil debut Adakulam in 2011 was critically acclaimed by the audience and was also a big commercial success. She is the co-owner of an event company named The Wedding Factory, which organizes marriages and many such events.
- She is a big Powerpuff girl (a cartoon character), lover. Taapsee loves playing squash and she prefers playing it at least half hour every day.
- While shooting for the court scenes for the film Pink, Taapsee suffered from a viral infection and she decided that she would prefer her voice to be dubbed, but later, Shoojit Sircar asked Taapsee to do it herself; as it added more authenticity to the scenes.
- She has also worked as a software engineer and developed an app- FontSwap. She wants to marry someone who is not from the entertainment industry.
- She is given a pseudonym “Goddess of flop heroes,” which is being given to her because she has worked with many South-Indian flop heroes.
- In an interview with Behindwoods, she shared that who so ever she meets, asks her about the meaning of her name, and it happens almost every time she comes across someone, which she finds irritating sometimes.
- She has remained the popular face of magazines like “Just For Women” and “masters”. She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- In 2018, she was starred in the biopic of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh, playing the role of Harpreet, along with Diljit Dosanjh. Here’s the trailer for the movie-