Sonali Bendre Age, Height, Weight, Husband, Son, Family Photos, Biography: Sonali Bendre is an Indian film actress, model, television personality and author. Primarily known for her work in Hindi films, she has also appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Kannada language films.
At the age of nineteen, made her acting debut with a leading role in the 1994 film Aag. Post a brief appearance in Kal Ho Naa Ho, Bendre took a leave from full-time acting in 2003 and made her comeback with the 2013 gangster thriller Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara.
In addition to acting in films, Bendre is a stage performer. In 2001, Bendre ventured into television and has hosted the dance show Kya Masti Kya Dhoom….! and featured as a talent judge for Mr & Mrs. She has also authored the book The Modern Gurukul – My Experiments with Parenting.
|Full Name||Sonali Bendre Behl|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Author|
|Height||in centimeters– 168 cm|
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 January 1975|
|Age (as in 2018)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Kendriya Vidyalaya Malleswaram, Bengaluru|
Holy Cross Convent High School, Thane
Welham Girls School, Dehradun
|College/University||Ramnarain Ruia College|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Aag (1994)|
Tamil Film: Kadhalar Dhinam (1999)
Kannada Film: Preethse (2000)
Telugu Film: Murari (2001)
Marathi Film: Anahat (2003)
TV: Kya Masti Kya Dhoom (2001, as a host)
|Caste||Chandravanshiy Kayastha Prabhu (CKP|
|Address||An apartment on the 5th floor, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Writing, Travelling, Collecting Art Bric-a-Brass|
|Boyfriends||Raj Thackeray (Politician, Rumour)|
Goldie Behl (Filmmaker)
|Marriage Date||12 November 2002|
|Favorite Food(s)||Besan Ka Ladoo, Steamed Modak, Caramelized Sesame Smoked Almonds, Roti wrap with Tandoori Mayonnaise, Prawn Curry, Keema Pav, Sushi, Khichdi, French Cuisines|
|Favorite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Film(s)||Bollywood– Diljale, Aashiqui 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Paan Singh Tomar|
Hollywood– Austin Powers, As Good as It Gets
|Favourite Book(s)||Draupadi by Pratibha Ray, Paradise by Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison|
|Favorite Author(s)||Isabel Allende, Devdutt Pattanaik, Anand Neelakantan, Ravi Subramanian, Toni Morrison, Patrick Rothfuss, Isaac Asimov, Elif Shafak|
|Favorite Beauty Brand(s)||Oriflame, Giordani Gold|
|Car Collection||Audi A6, BMW|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Jit Bendre (Worked in CPWD)|
Mother– Roopsi Bendre
Sister– Gandhali Paranjape (Elder)
|Husband||Goldie Behl (m. 2002-present)|
|Children||Son– Ranveer Behl (born in 2005)|
Awards, Honours, Nominations
- 1995– Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for the film ‘Aag’ (1994), Star Screen Award Most Promising Newcomer – Female for the film ‘Aag’ (1994)
- 2001– Star Screen Award – Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai’ (2000)
- 2004– Star Screen Awards – Best Actress Marathi for the film ‘Anahat’ (2003)
- 2011– Golden Petal Award – Most Chahiti Personality for the TV show ‘India’s Got Talent’ (2010)
- 2012– Indian Telly Award – Indian Telly Award for Best Judge Panel for the TV show ‘India’s Got Talent’ (2011)
- 2017– Zee Rishtey Award – Best Judge for the TV show ‘India’s Best Dramebaaz’ (2016)
- 2018– Women Achiever’s Award – Pride of Maharashtra Award
• On 5 April 2018, Sonali, along with “Hum Saath Saath Hain” co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, and Neelam were acquitted by a Jodhpur Court in the 1998 blackbuck killing case, in which Salman Khan was convicted and was sentenced to 5-year, Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri, pronounced the verdict.
• In 2001, she was arrested by the Mumbai police after a complaint was filed against her for her “offensive” photo for the cover of Showtime magazine in 1998, that “hurt the religious sentiments of the people.”
Biography: Some Exiting stuff you need to know
- Sonali was born into a middle-class Marathi family and was raised in a strict household.
- She traveled throughout her childhood; as her father used to work in Central Public Works Department (CPWD), and used to get transferred to a new city after every 2-3 years, due to which, Sonali never got a chance to make longterm friends.
- She never thought of doing modeling, but destiny had some other plans for her. During a fashion show at her college, the girl who was supposed to the ramp walk couldn’t make it, after which Sonali was asked to replace her. It was a tough ask for her as until that time she never wore a heel. Luckily, she did well and even won the first prize, after which she started getting modeling offers.
- She was discovered by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt during a modeling assignment. Though she started her acting career with Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Naaraaz’ (1994), her second film ‘Aag’ (1994) was released first.
- She first met her husband on the sets of ‘Naaraaz’ (1994); as he was producing Mahesh Bhatt’s upcoming film ‘Angaaray’ (1998). It was one-sided love for him but with time they became friends and after a courtship of 5 years, they got married in 2002.
- In the late 1990s, she was immensely popular despite not having many hits and bagged films with the A-list stars and banners, mainly because of her gorgeous looks.
- According to reports, she was the highest paid TV actor in 2014; as she allegedly charged ₹4 lakh per day to be part of Life OK’s show ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh.’
- She has always been a voracious reader, and in 2015, she released her first book ‘The Modern Gurukul: My Experiment with Parenting,’ through which she shared her experiences and challenges as a first-time mother.
- In 2017, she started a digital club called ‘Sonali’s Book Club’ to encourage reading habit. She is an avid dog lover.
- She is allergic to perfumes. The interior designing of her Juhu apartment was done by her close friend Sussanne Khan, designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- In July 2018, she tweeted about the news that she has been diagnosed with high-grade metastatic cancer.
Family Photos, Images, Pics