Saurabh Raj Jain is an Indian television actor and Model. Sourabh is best known for his work in popular show Mahabharat for the role of Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva in popular show Mahakali– Anth hi Aarambh hai. Sourabh started his television career as supporting actor in Remix at age 19.
|Real Name||Sourabh Raaj Jain|
|Famous Role||“Lord Krishna” in ‘Mahabharat’|
|Height||in centimeters– 191 cm|
in meters– 1.91 m
in feet inches– 6’3”
|Weight||in kilograms– 90 kg|
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 inches|
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 18 inches
|Date of Birth||1 December 1985|
|Age (as in 2017)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||CSKM Public School, New Delhi|
|College||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi|
Symbiosis International University, Pune
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Computer Applications|
|Debut||Film: Karma: Crime. Passion. Reincarnation (2008, English)|
Om Namo Venkatesaya (2017, Telugu)
TV: Remix (2004)
|Religion||Jainism (but follows Buddhism)|
|Hobbies||Martial arts, reading, dancing, swimming, gymming|
|Controversies||In 2012, an imposter interacted with his friends and fans under his name on Facebook. He not only used his photos but also used to chat with people related to Saurabh, especially his female friends. He also exchanged numbers and used foul language. When Saurabh came to know about it through one of his fans, he informed the authorities of Facebook, after which they took the necessary action.|
|Favorite Food||Sarson ka Saag with Makki ki roti, Bhendi Chaatwali, Dal Makhni, Pav Bhaji, Pulao, Spinach and Corn Soup, Pizza, Gajar ka Halwa, Madhur Milan|
|Favorite Actors||Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Films||Mughal-E-Azam, Lamhe, 3 Idiots|
|Favorite Directors||SS Rajamouli, Anurag Basu|
|Favorite Musician||A.R. Rahman|
|Favorite Writers||Gulzar, Javed Akhtar|
|Favorite Books||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Colours||White, Blue|
|Favorite Perfume||Issey Miyake|
|Favorite Fashion Brand||Aldo|
|Favorite Restaurant||British Brewing Company, Oberoi Mall in Mumbai|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Riddhima Saurabh Jain (Software Engineer)|
|Marriage Date||The year 2010|
|Car Collection||Ford EcoSport|
|Parents||Father– don’t know|
Mother– Raj Jain (Advocate)
Sisters– 2 (both elder)
|Children||Son– Hrishivh (born in 2018)|
Daughter– Hrishika (born in 2018)
|Wife||Riddhima Saurabh Jain|
Some Exiting stuff you need to know
- During his school days, he used to earn INR 500 per student of the lower grades whom he gave tuitions. Once his car got burnt down when he was in Delhi.
- Though he was born to a “Jain” family, he has been practicing “Buddhism” since his teenage days.
- At the age of 19, when he was in 2nd year of his college, he got his first acting opportunity with TV show ‘Remix’, but took a break of 2 years after it as he wanted to concentrate on his studies.
- During his struggling days in Mumbai, he was often rejected by the makers of the TV shows due to his huge height as they found it difficult to find a pair opposite him. An interview of Amitabh Bachchan inspired him to cope up with his height issue.
- He met his wife, Riddhima Trisal, at ‘Ashley Lobo’s Academy’ in Noida. He came into the limelight with his role as “Anand” in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial ‘Parichay’ (2011).
- The makers of ‘Mahabharat’ was so keen to cast him for the role of “Lord Krishna” that they kept Saurabh on hold for a year by paying him a lump sum amount every month so that he can’t do any other project.
- In 2016, he made his radio debut as an anchor with spiritual show ‘Arth’ on 92.7 Big FM. He suffers from Claustrophobia, a fear of being enclosed in a small space or room.
- He is a good friend of his ‘Mahabharat’ co-star Shaheer Sheikh. His dream role is to portray Rabindranath Tagore.