Mahanubhavudu is a 2017 Telugu-language romantic action comedy film written and directed by Maruthi Dasari. It features Sharwanand and Mehreen Pirzada in the lead roles. The film’s principal photography commenced on 7 March 2017 and was wrapped on 2 September 2017, and had a worldwide release on 29 September 2017. The movie came out to positive reviews.
- Anand is a young man suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder and is very picky on cleanliness and neatness.
- He doesn’t even dare to touch others hands since they contain germs and bacteria and has a heavy fear towards hospitals since they have infectious patients.
- He one day meets Meghana after an incident involving a man spitting chewing gum on her shoe.
- He falls in love with her after she tells the man the importance of cleanliness.
- She later becomes his partner for a company project and she eventually falls for him too.
- She decides to introduce Anand to her father, who has been waiting for his daughter to get married.
- Although Meghana’s father rejects him at first due to his pickiness, Anand saves his stolen bag from a bunch of goons and he accepts him as his son-in-law.
- However, at that time, Meghana’s father suffers a heart attack and Anand is forced to take him to the hospital.
- On their way there, her father begins vomiting blood onto Anand and Anand unable to tolerate it, stops the car and vomits himself.
- He then tells Meghana that he can’t take her father to the hospital which shocks her.
- Meghan takes her father to the hospital instead and breaks up with Anand because of his pickiness over things being clean and selfishness towards his health.
- The rest of the story depicts how Anand overcomes his OCD and wins back Meghana’s heart.