Kabir Bedi is an Indian television and film actor. His career has spanned three continents including India, the United States and especially Italy and many other European countries in three media: film, television, and theatre. Kabir Bedi began his career in Indian theatre and then moved on to Hindi films. Bedi remains one of the first international actors from India who started out in Hindi films, worked in Hollywood films and became a star in Europe. He mostly appears in Hollywood, Bollywood and Telugu Movies.
|Full Name||Kabir Bedi|
|Height||in centimeters– 188 cm|
in feet inches– 6’ 1”
|Weight||in kilograms– 64 kg|
in pounds– 168 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 January 1946|
|Age (as in 2018)||72 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, British India|
|School||Sherwood School, Nainital|
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate (Field Not Known)|
|Debut||Film: Hulchul (1971)|
TV: Sandokan (1976)
|Family||Father– Baba Pyare Lal Singh Bedi|
Mother– Freda Bedi
Brother– Ranga Bedi
Sister– Gulhima Bedi
|Address||9 JVPD, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 049|
|Controversies||Kabir Bedi’s daughter Pooja was not happy with her father’s 4th marriage to Parveen Dusanj thus she expressed her views:|
|Favorite Food/Drinks||Fried Eggs, Marmalade on Buttered Toast, Scotch Whiskey, Brunello Di Montalcino Wine, Dom Perignon|
|Favourite City||London, Rome, Delhi|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood– Khoon Bhari Maang|
Hollywood– Dr Zhivago, Gandhi, Octopussy
|Favorite Actor||Bud Spencer|
|Favorite TV Shows||Indian: Sandokan|
|Favorite Comic Book Hero||The Phantom, Batman|
|Favorite Cartoon||The Chipmunks|
|Wife/Spouse||Protima Bedi, Indian Model (m. 1969–1973)|
Susan Anne Humphreys, Figure Skater
Nikki Bedi, Radio Presenter (m. 1992–2005)
Parveen Dusanj, Researcher (m. 2016-Present)
|Children||Son– Late Siddharth Bedi (from the first wife)|
Adam Bedi (from the second wife)
Daughter– Pooja Bedi (from the first wife)
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|1972||Rakhi Aur Hathkadi|
|1974||Manzilein Aur Bhi Hain|
|1974||Maa Bahen Aur Biwi|
|1974||Ishq Ishq Ishq|
|1976||The Black Corsair|
|1977||Daku Aur Mahatma|
|1978||The Thief of Baghdad|
|1981||The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire|
|1982||40 Days of Musa Dagh|
|1988||Khoon Bhari Maang|
|1991||Yeh Aag Kab Bujhegi|
Some Exiting Facts About Kabir Bedi
- His father Baba Pyare Lal Singh Bedi was an author and philosopher. Kabir’s mother, Freda Bedi, a British woman born in Derby, England, was the first western woman to become a Tibetan Buddhist nun.
- Siddharth Bedi, Kabir Bedi’s son was suffering from schizophrenia, and he committed suicide at the young age of 26.
- In the James Bond film ‘Octopussy’ (1983), he played the villains aide, Gobinda. He was the first Bollywood actor who appeared in a James Bond movie as a villain.
- He also featured in the popular American TV show ‘The Bold and The Beautiful’ as Prince Omar Rashid for over a year.
- Kabir Bedi was bestowed with the title of Cavaliere (Knight) of the ‘Ordine al Merito Della Repubblica Italiana’, the highest ranking civilian honor given by the Italian Republic.
- Kabir has been married four times. He wed Parveen Dusanj a day before his 70th birthday. Notably, Parveen, 42, is four years younger than Kabir’s daughter Pooja Bedi.
- After having an age gap of 29 years Kabir and Parveen have been together for 10 years now. He starred in an Italian radio show ‘Ch@t’ in 2007, where he reprised the role of ‘Sandokan’, an Indian TV show by the same name.
- He also dubbed for Sir Ben Kingsley’s character ‘Nizam’ in the Hindi version of the movie ‘Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)’.
- Kabir Bedi tried to write his autobiography several times but later gave up the idea. Kabir Bedi loves to cook Italian food.