Jayaprada Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wife, Biography, Next Movie, Net Worth: Jaya Prada is an Indian film actress and politician. Jaya Prada is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards South and has starred in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali and Marathi films. She was one of the most successful actresses of the 1980s, in both Hindi cinema and South Indian films. In 1994, She left the film industry at the peak of her career and joined the Telugu Desam Party.
Jayaprada Age, Date of Birth and Birth Place
|Date of Birth||3 April 1962|
|Jayaprada Age (as in 2018)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Real Name||Lalita Rani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Jayaprada Height||in centimeters– 155 cm|
in feet inches– 5’ 1”
|Jayaprada Weigh||in kilograms– 65 kg|
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Political Party||Telugu Desam Party (1994-2004)|
Samajwadi Party (2004-2010)
Rashtriya Lok Manch (2011-2014)
Rashtriya Lok Dal (2014-present)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Jayaprada School||Telugu Middle School in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
B.com (dropped out in the first year) from Rajlakshmi Women College, Rajahmundry
|Debut||Telugu Film: Bhoomi Kosam (1974)|
Kannada Film: Sanaadi Appanna (1977)
Hindi Film: Sargam (1979)
Tamil Film: Ninaithale Inikkum (1979)
Malayalam Film: Iniyum Katha Thudarum (1985)
Bengali Film: Aami Sei Meye (1998)
Marathi Film: Aadhar (2000)
Multilingual Film (Hindi, English, Chinese): The Desire (2010)
TV: Jayapradam (A Telugu Talk Show)
|Address||H.No. 46 District A.V.K., Near Saint Merry School Rahe Raja, Rampur, Tehsil Sadar, District Rampur (U.P.)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Listening to Music|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shrikant Nahata (Film Producer)|
|Husband/Spouse||Shrikant Nahata (Film Producer)|
|Jayaprada Children||Jayaprada Son– Siddhu (step-son)|
Jayaprada Daughter– Not Known
Note: She has two more step-children
|Parents||Jayaprada Father– Krishna Rao (Telugu Film Financier)|
Jayaprada Mother– Neelaveni (Home-maker)
|Favorite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Film(s)||Bollywood– 3 Idiots (2009)|
Hollywood– Pulp Fiction (1994)
|Favorite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite TV Show(s)||Indian: Kaun Banega Crorepati|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz (DL 3CY-3355), Ford Ikon (TN-09-0990), Xylo Mahindra (DL-12 CA-144), Outlander (HR-30 J-4545), Ford Endeavor (TN-09 AT-4455)|
|Assets/Properties||Jewellery: Worth ₹56 Lakh|
|Net Worth (Approx)||₹22 Crore (as in 2014)|
Jayaprada Political Jurny
- 1994: Joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
- 1996: Nominated to the Rajya Sabha representing Andhra Pradesh.
- 2004: Left the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and joined the Samajwadi Party. Also, elected to the Lok Sabha from Rampur Parliamentary Constituency with a margin of more than 85000 votes.
- 2010: On 2 February, she was expelled from the Samajwadi Party for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
- 2011: Jaya Prada, along with Amar Singh, floated her own political party, Rashtriya Lok Manch.
- 2014: On 10 March, joined the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD). Also, contested the Lok Sabha election from the Bijnor seat, but lost.
• In 1986, Jaya married producer Srikanth Nahata, who was already married and had 3 children. Srikanth did not divorce his first wife and had three children from her after marrying Jaya.
• In 2009, she has issued a notice from the election commission for distributing bindis among the women of Rampur’s Swar locality.
• On 11 May 2009, she alleged that Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan was involved in the distribution of her nude pictures.
Jayaprada Movies list
|1976||Shri Rajarajeshwari Vilas Coffee Club||Telugu|
|1977||Eenati Bandham Enatido||Telugu|
|1978||Siri Siri Muvva||Telugu|
|1979||Huliya Haalina Mevu||Kannada|
|1979||Sri Tirupati Venkateswara Kalyanam||Telugu|
|1982||Talli Kodukula Anubandham||Telugu|
|1982||Nivuru Gappina Nippu||Telugu|
|1983||Main Awara Hoon||Hindi|
|1984||Dharm Aur Qanoon||Hindi|
|1985||Iniyum Katha Thudarum||Malayalam|
|1986||Swarag Se Sunder||Hindi|
|1986||Pyaar Ke Do Pal||Hindi|
|1986||Aisa Pyaar Kahan||Hindi|
|1987||Insaaf Kaun Karega||Hindi|
|1988||Mardon Wali Baat||Hindi|
|1988||Ganga Tere Desh Mein||Hindi|
|1988||Gangaa Jamunaa Saraswati||Hindi|
|1988||Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani||Hindi|
|1989||Main Tera Dushman||Hindi|
|1989||Atha Mechina Alludu||Telugu|
|1989||Kanoon Ki Awaaz||Hindi|
|1989||Hum Bhi Insaan Hain||Hindi|
|1990||Aaj Ka Arjun||Hindi|
|1993||Insaniyat Ke Devta||Hindi|
|1998||Aami Sei Meye||Bengali|
|2009||Raaj The Showman||Kannada|
|2012||Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna||Kannada|
|Suvarna Sundari (2018) film||Telugu|
Some exciting stuff you need to know about Jaya Prada
- Jaya Prada is a veteran Indian film actress and politician. As a child, she had a special interest in dancing.
- At the age of 14, a Telugu film director offered her a three-minute dance number in a film titled “Bhoomi Kosam;” after seeing her marvelous performance. She was paid only ₹10 for her performance in the film.
- She started her acting career in the South Indian films. By 1976, at the age of 17, Jaya Prada became a huge star of the South Indian films.
- She has worked with big actors like Kamal Haasan, Mohan Lal, Rajnikanth, and Amitabh Bachchan. The 1977 film Adavi Ramudu broke box office records and it cemented her star status.
- The same year, she was introduced to the Kannada Cinema by the filmmaker Vijay in the super-hit film “Sanadi Appanna.” The film is also known to be the only film to feature shehnai rendition by Ustad Bismillah Khan.
- It was K. Viswanath who introduced Jaya Prada to Bollywood by casting her in the 1979 Hindi film “Sargam.” She also earned her first Filmfare nomination for the film. Initially, she had difficulty in speaking Hindi, and to brush-up the language, she started taking Hindi lessons.
- In 1982, director K. Vishwanath relaunched her in the Hindi films with “Kaamchor,” where she fluently spoke Hindi for the first time.
- In 1994, one of the film co-stars and a good friend N .T. Rama Rao suggested her to enter the politics, and she joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). Although she was offered a seat, she was reluctant to contest the elections at that time.
- When N. T. Rama Rao became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, she campaigned for him in several constituencies.
- When Rao’s health deteriorated, TDP was bifurcated into two factions, one of those was led by Chandrababu Naidu. Jaya Prada too joined the Chandrababu Naidu faction of the party.
- She also held the position of the Mahila President of Telugu Desam Party. Later, due to differences with Chandrababu Naidu, she left TDP and joined Samajwadi Party.
- However, in 2010, she, along with Amar Singh, was expelled from the party. Later, she joined Rashtriya Lok Dal in 2014. Jaya Prada and Sridevi were considered arch-rivals during their time.
- In 2011, after separating from the Samajwadi Party, she along with Amar Singh formed her own party- Rashtriya Lok Manch and contested in 360 of the 403 assembly seats in the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections. However, the party could not win even a single seat.
- She owns the Jaya Prada Theater in Chennai. The famous Indian filmmaker Satyajit Ray described Jaya Prada as one of the prettiest women in the world.