On this page, we are going to share Hema Malini Movies List, with her Age, Height, Weight, Daughter, Husband Names, her Family Photos and also her Biography.
Hema Malini is an Indian actress, writer, director, producer, dancer, and politician. In 1963, she made her acting debut in the Tamil film Ithu Sathiyam. Malini first acted in the main role in Sapno Ka Saudagar and went on to feature in numerous Bollywood films, Telugu Movies, primarily as the lead actress.
|Real Name||Hema Malini Chakravarty|
|Profession||Actress & Politician|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• In 1999, she campaigned for Vinod Khanna (a BJP candidate) in Gurdaspur Punjab.|
• In 2003, she was nominated as the Rajya Sabha Member by the then President of India, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. She served as the Rajya Sabha Member from 2003 to 2009.
• In February 2004, she officially joined the BJP.
• In 2010, she became General Secretary of BJP.
• In 2014, she became a Lok Sabha Member from Mathura Constituency after defeating Jayant Chaudhary of RLD by 3,30,743 votes.
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet-Inches- 5′ 6″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 60 Kg|
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 October 1948|
|Age (as in 2018)||70 Years|
|Birth Place||Jeeyapuram, Tiruchirappalli district, Madras Presidency, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Tiruchirappalli district, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Andhra Mahila Sabha|
Delhi Tamil Education Association Sr. Sec. School, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||12th Drop-out|
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Idhu Sathiyam (1963, Supporting Actress)|
Film (Hindi): Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968, Lead Actress)
TV: Jai Mata Ki (2000) directed by Puneet Issar
Politics: In February 2004, when she joined BJP
|Awards||• 11 Filmfare nominations for Best Actress and won in 1972.|
• In 2000, won Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
• In 2000, awarded Padma Shri by the government of India.
|Address||43, Shakunt Plot No.17, Jaihind Society, 12th Road, JVPD Juhu, Mumbai Upnagar, Teh.-Andheri, Dist.-Mumbai, Pin-400049|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Driving, Doing Yoga|
|Controversies||• A controversy was created when she was allotted a 2,000-square-metre plot for 70000 rupees only (the market price for the same was more than 50 crore rupees) to run a dance class in the Andheri area of Mumbai by the BJP-led Government.|
• She was also criticized for her tweet about the Vrindavan widows in which she said widows from Bihar and West Bengal should not come to Vrindavan.
• In 2015, she attracted a controversy when a 2-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries after Hema’s Mercedes rammed into an Alto car on the Yamuna Expressway near Agra.
• She has also been criticized for her low-attendance in the Parliament.
|Favorite Author||Erle Stanley Gardner (American Author)|
|Favorite Food/Beverages||Rice with Rasam, Green Tea, Curd|
|Favorite Actor||Dharmendra, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Jeetendra, Actor (1970s)|
Dharmendra, Actor (Mid-1970-present)
|Marriage Date||2 May 1980|
|Net Worth||178 Crore INR (as in 2014)|
|Parents||Father– VSR Chakravarti|
Mother– Jaya Lakshmi Chakravarti
|Siblings||Brother– R.K. Chakravarti, R.J. Chakravarti|
Sister– Not Known
|Children||Sons– Sunny Deol (step-son), Bobby Deol (step-son)|
Daughter– Esha Deol, Ahana Deol
Vijayta Deol (step-daughter), Ajeeta Deol (step-daughter)
She Rotally acted in 145 Movies till now, her last movie was released in 2017, that is a Hindi Movie, directed by Gul Bahar Singh starring Hema Malini, who portrays Vijaya Raje Scindia.
- Gautamiputra Satakarni
- Aansoo Aur Muskan
- Aap Beati
- Aas Paas
- Alibaba Aur
- Aman Ke Farishtey
- Amir Garib
- Andha Kanoon
- Apna Khoon
- Apne Apne
- Babul Ki Galiyaan
- Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap
- Bhai Ho To Aisa
- Chacha Bhatija
- Chhupa Rustam
- Desh Ke Dushman
- Desh Premee
- Dhoop Chhaon
- Dil Kaa Heera
- Do Aur Do Paanch
- Do Dishayen
- Do Thug
- Dream Girl
- Dus Numbri
- Ek Chadar Maili Si
- Ek Nai Paheli
- Ek Naya Itihas
- Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi 2017 Vijaya Raje Scindia
- Farz Aur Kanoon
- Galiyon Ka Badshah
- Gautamiputra Satakarni
- Gehri Chaal
- Gora Aur Kala
- Haath Ki Safai
- Hai Meri Jaan
- Hey RamHimalay Putra
- Hum Dono
- Hum Tere A
- ashiq Hain
- Idhu Sathiyam
- Jaan Hatheli Pe
- Jahan Pyar Mile
- Jamai Raja
- Janta Hawaldar
- Johny Mera Naam
- Justice Chaudhury
- Kahte Hain Mujhko Raja
- Khel Khilari Ka
- Kudrat Ka Kanoon
- Laaga Chunari Mein Daag
- Lal Patthar
- Maan Gaye Ustaad
- Meri Aawaz Suno
- Mohabbat Ke Dushman
- Naach Uthe Sansaar
- Gauri Zamana
- Paap Ka Ant
- Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein
- Pandava Vanavasam
- Param Vir Chakra
- Paraya Dhan
- Patthar Aur Payal
- Phaansi Ke Baad
- Prem Nagar
- Prem Parvat
- Raaj Tilak
- Raja Jani
- Ram Tera Desh
- Razia Sultan
- Sachche Ka Bol-Bala
- Sapno Ka Saudagar
- Satte Pe Satta
- Seeta Aur Geeta
- Sharafat Chod Di Maine
- Shareef Budmaash
- Shirdi Ke Sai Baba
- Shri Krishna Vijayam
- Sitapur Ki Geeta
- Sunehra Sansar
- Swami Vivekananda
- Tere Mere Sapne
- The Burning Train
- Tum Haseen Main Jawaan
- Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi
Hema Malini Biography
- Hema Malini was born as the 3rd child of a Tamil-speaking family in Tiruchirappalli district of Madras Presidency. Her mother, Jaya Lakshmi Chakravarti, was a film producer.
- Hema Malini left her studies in 12th standard to begin her acting career. She started her career as a dancer in a Tamil film in 1961.
- In 1964, a Tamil film director, C.V. Sridhar, rejected her for being too thin. She first appeared in a film as a dancer in the 1963 Tamil film- Idhu Sathiyam.
- Her Bollywood debut film- Sapno Ka Saudagar in 1968, did not fare well at the Box-Office. She remained the highest-paid Bollywood actress from 1976 to 1980.
- Hema Malini was given the sobriquet of Dream Girl after starring in a film of the same name in 1977. She has appeared in 35 films along with Dharmendra and her first film with him was Sharafat in 1970.
- Veteran actor, Sanjeev Kumar had a crush on Hema Malini and used Jeetendra to convey his feelings to Hema. Eventually, Hema started liking Jeetendra and dumped Sanjeev Kumar.
- During the shooting of Sholay, Dharmendra fell in love with Hema Malini and according to sources, he used to bribe the spot boys on the set of Sholay to switch off lights frequently so that he could have re-takes with Hema.
- Hema Malini is considered a trendsetter as she is counted among the first few actresses who started wearing bell bottoms on the silver screen.
- Hema Malini directed Shah Rukh Khan’s first film- Dil Aashna Hai. However, it released after Deewana.
- Hema Malini is an ardent animal lover and supports PETA India. She also wrote to the Mumbai Municipal Commissioner in 2009 urging him to put a ban on horse carriages. In 2011, she also wrote to Jairam Ramesh (the then Union Minister for Environment and Forests) to put a ban on Jallikattu (bullfighting).
- Hema Malini is a pure vegetarian and she says “Knowing that my food choices are helping the planet and animals too, makes me happy.”
- Hema Malini is an advocate of pure water for everyone. She is also associated with a water purifier company and endorses it.
- Hema Malini is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and is also well versed in Kuchipudi. In an interview, she revealed that she can’t live without dancing. She has also trained her daughters in Bharatnatyam and often performs at various events along with her daughters.