Amala Paul Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wife, Biography, Next Movie, Net Worth: Amala Paul is an Indian film actress who works in the South Indian Film Industry. After appearing in supporting roles in the Malayalam film Neelathamara and Veerasekaran in Tamil. She has worked in different languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada. Raatchasan and Aadujeevitham are some of the Upcoming Amala Paul Movies.
Amala Paul Age
|Date of Birth||26 October 1991|
|Age (as in 2017)||26 Years|
|Birth Place||Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
Amala Paul Biography
|Real Name||Amala Paul Varghese|
|Famous Role||“Mynaa” in Tamil film ‘Mynaa’ (2010)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 kg|
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-35|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||Nirmala Higher Secondary School Aluva, Kerala|
|College||St. Teresa’s College, Kochi, Kerala|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communicative English|
|Debut||Film: Neelathamara (Malayalam, 2009)|
Veerasekaran (Tamil, 2010)
Bejawada (Telugu, 2011)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Cooking|
|Favorite Actors||Brad Pitt, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Katharine Hepburn|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favorite Destinations||London, Paris|
|Favorite Sports||Basketball, Soccer|
|Favorite Author||Robin Cook|
|Affair/Boyfriend||A. L. Vijay (Film Director)|
Amala Paul Family
|Mother||Annice Paul (Singer)|
|Brother||Abijith Paul (Actor)|
|Husband||A. L. Vijay (Film Director, 2014-2016)|
Controversies of Amala Paul
- On 15 January 2017, she surrendered before the Crime Branch (CB) after the agency had charged in November 2017 last for using fake documents to fraudulently register her S class Mercedes Benz worth INR 1.12 crore in August 2017.
- The tax she was supposed to pay was INR 20 lakh, but she showed it as her relative’s car address given for the car is a person who claims to be her relative car to avoid the high tax on expensive vehicles in Kerala.
- She has been charged with cheating, forgery, and use of fake documents as genuine ones under section 420, 468 and 471 of the Indian Penal Code. The offenses come under non-bailable category and carry a punishment of up to seven years.
List of Awards won by Amala Paul
- In 2011, She got Amrita-FEFKA Film Awards in Best Actress Tamil for the movie Mynaa.
- She also got Edison Awards in Best New Face, Tamil Nadu State Film Awards in Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil, MGR-Sivaji Awards for Best New Actress, Vijay Awards for Best Actress and for Best Debutante for the same movie Mynaa.
- In 2012, She got Jaya Awards for Youth Female Icon of the Year and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil for the movie Deiva Thirumagal.
- In the same year, she also got 1st South Indian International Movie Awards for the Best Female Debutant (Telugu) and also for Rising Female star of South Indian cinema for the movie Love Failure.
- In 2013, She got Asiavision Awards for the Best Actress and 2nd South Indian International Movie Awards for the Best Actress – Malayalam for the movie Run Baby Run.
- In the same year, she also got Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil and TSR-TV9 Film Awards for the Best Heroine for the movie Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi.
- She also Vijay Awards for the Favourite Heroine for the movie Thalaivaa.
- In 2014, She got Vanitha Film Awards for the Most Popular Actress, Asianet Film Awards, Asiavision Awards, 3rd South Indian International Movie Awards, Amrita Film Awards, for Best Actress for the movie Oru Indian Pranayakatha.
- In 2015, She won Vijay Awards, Filmfare Awards South in Best Actress category for the movie Velaiyilla Pattathari.
- She also got achievement from The Times of India for Most desirable married women of Kollywood.
- She also got Asiavision Awards in the Outstanding Performer of the year – Female Category for the movie Velaiyilla Pattathari.
- In 2016, She won Asianet Film Award, Anand TV award, Asiavision Award, 11th Ramu Karyat Award, 4th South Indian International Movie Award, Filmfare Award South (2 times), 6th South Indian International Movie Award in the Best Actress Category for the movie Mili.
- She also won Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil for the movie Thiruttu Payale 2.
Some exciting stuff you need to know about Amala Paul
- Amala was born into a Syro-Malabar Catholic family.
- She started her acting career in 2009 by playing the role of Beena in the Malayalam film Neelathamara.
- She replaced her on-screen name Amala Paul to Anakha on the suggestion given by director Samy, because another actress, Amala, had already made her name popular.
- In 2010, she again changed her on-screen name Anakha to real name Amala Paul as she felt that the replacement had brought her bad luck.
- She rose to fame for the portrayal of a controversial character “Sundari” in the Tamil erotic thriller ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ (2010).